My 6 days holiday filled with 2 full-day tours, catching inter-island flights (total wasted time in the airport exceed my time spent on the beach), and one full day dedicated to visit the waikele shopping outlet which cost us the USD $65 cab fare one way (so worth it - grabbed myself 4 pair of shoes - 2 BCBG, 1 guess and 1 nine west for the cost of less than $200!).
Some of my fav Hawaiian moments:
1. Sunset at Lahaina beach. We took like a hundred photos just in one spot. I suspected the total photo taken for the holiday for the 4 of us could reach more than a thousand. -I have no idea how we'll gonna post it, but don't worry I'll find a way somehow-.
2. The Halloween night in Waikiki! It's just mad, wild and amazing. Everyone's just get into the spirit. We regretted that we didn't take a part to wear the costumes (kapan lagi gitu loh legalised buat belaga gila??). MAC offered to do the face mask if we bought a product more than $50 on that day. What a shame, we've just bought our mac stock the day before (with the total of almost $500 - $200 alone for myself). This is my first experience of the real Halloween. Can't wait to experience more, and next time I will def prepare myself better!
3. The Pearl Harbor. I'm not an American nor a Japanese. But I've always put an interest in world wars. Reading the book and watching the movies are obviously not the same. Visiting the actual site gave me a mixture feeling, mostly kinda sad..
4. The black sand beach, the blowhole, the hanauma bay, the waterfall, and all the natures are just so breathtaking. I am actually finding a hard time to pick one fav. Simply put, I love it all. Maybe except for the tipping rule (at least 15% of tipping is mandatory!). But yeah having a chance to chat with some of the locals opened my eyes that they have a very low salary with a very high living cost. So I guess the tipping is just about to make it fair.
Some of my food moments:
1. Eating one tube of Ben and Jerry's ice creams (NY chunk) on the bed (without the paranoia I might spill something) while watching South Park and Conan O'Brien late TV show. I feel so Americana.
2. We had dinner at Bubba Gump. Twice. Enough said. They should consider to open a franchise here!!
3. When I found snickers ice creams, dark chocolate snickers, and a mix bag of doritos, I started considering moving to states.
4. And omg they make peanut butter so easy to find. Everything has a pb flavor. brownies, ice creams, chocolate...damn right I ate it all. Okay maybe moving to states would be a bad idea.
So yeah there goes my holiday for this year. It's exhausting and due to the scattered rain and our full timetables, we failed to burn ourselves down under the Hawaiian sun. But witnessing the rainbow every time the rain vanished was just priceless (the rain usually only went for 5 mins, so that's lots of rainbows for us to witness).
Whenever I got 'where do you come from' question in holiday, I always thought it's such a hassle to answer it. They rarely satisfied with my answer. They wanted to know why I have an OZ accent with chinese face but speaking Indo with my friends. Doh.
But in Hawaii, everyone is a mix. I wondered how long it took them to answer that kinda question. One local that we've met has a Spanish - Chinese dad with a Hawaiian - Jap mom, having American accent and a sexy look. Ouch.
Alrighty. Back to home. Back to work. Back to reality. Back to the cc bills. Back to Sydney's weird weather.